About HM Gin
HM Gin is a small family owned operation, headed up by father daughter duo Gavin and Amy Shaw, whom are on a mission to make everyone a gin lover. Started as a project during another COVID lockdown, operations quickly accelerated and the desire to make great tasting gins became an obsession for Gavin and Amy. Our story is one of combining art and science to craft a range of gins that are rich in flavour and smooth to taste such that everyone can find a gin that they will love. Our range includes gins for those with a taste for the sweet and fruity through to those who like something that is dry. And of course everything in between.
We are passionate about what we do
Excellence is what we aim for in every aspect of our operations. This includes the gins we bring to market and the way we treat you
our customers. We are naturally inquisitive and always striving to do better. And we know that it’s the little things that make a big difference.
Commitment to continuous learning
With a background in Applied Science and a major in Applied Chemistry, our Head Distiller Gavin Shaw has a fascination experimenting with different Australian botanicals and production techniques to make a perfect range of Gins. We are meticulous in ensuring a consistent flavour by controlling the quality of botanicals, distillation process and final product checks.
At HM Gin we are committed to being at the forefront of gin development and new and better ways to make your favourite drink.
We are proud members of the Australian Distillers Association.
The Australian Distillers Association is the peak industry body for Australian distillers, and was founded in 2004. Our Association aims to:
- Nurture the union of Australian distillers by promoting industry activities which further strengthen the distillers community
- Create opportunities to share information through industry forums and workshops
- Promote the knowledge and science of distillation
- Support the introduction of an Australian Spirits competition
- Lobby and work with established government and non-government organisations who share similar goals and philosophies
- Encourage and invite allied industry and consumer enthusiasts to become involved with ADA activities and events
- Provide education on Australian distillers and their products
- Promote the responsible consumption of alcohol